Aaaaaah! Crazy overwhelm. Not enough sleep. Creative blocks. Deadlines looming. Not enough time. Beautiful babies. Beautiful husband. Crazy chaos. Birds and wings. Frustration. Want to get stuff done but can’t. Love love love. Heart-shaped sun-glasses. Bleary-eyes. Playing ‘Draw Something’ in the middle of the night because Elliot won’t sleep. To-do lists. Roses and icecream. Behind on emails. Want to write more blog posts. La la la. Happy. Depressed. Loved up. Chaotic. Swooning over baby eyelashes. There’s guilt in there somewhere. Dots and flowers. Rainbows and love emails. Packages and videos. Editing and writing. Breastfeeding and cuddle hugs. Crayfish salad and rye bread. Not enough water. Empathy monsters and little cute hippos. Streams and streams of consciousness. Open.
Let me show you.
Compassion gives wings (successful detail from a ‘failed’ journal page).
Zombie babies trying to eat my ear while I’m trying to ‘get stuff done’.
Made of rainbows.
He’s asleep here, but last night he was up every half an hour
after having had his vaccinations earlier that day. So I play:
I thought this was a pretty fly way of drawing MC Hammer (Hammer Time is one of my favourite songs of all time Oh my lawd :0)) – though Andy did not agree.
Darcy, who is an awesome opponent, DID guess it was him though!
- While naked and not wearing any trousers, Dylan was perturbed by the fact that he did not have a pocket ‘in his leg’ to put his pebble in so he says: “Dylan have pocket?”
- Dylan wants to go outside and asks this as follows: “Dylan go look in the wind?”
- Dylan is playing on the iPad. He then sees me on my iPhone (yeah, we’re an Apple family ..). He goes: “Dylan have mummy’s phone?” I give him my phone and take the iPad. He goes: “Where’s the ipad?” I say: “Look Dylan which one do you want, the phone or the iPad? You can’t have both”. He says; “Both”.
- When asked what his favourite colour is, Dylan says: “Yellow CAKE”
- Dylan and I are sitting on the bed. Andy comes in and says to me: I’ll just go get the iPad. Dylan looks at me and says: “Daddy’s gone to get Dylan’s iPad”.
- When Dylan is asked to count to 30, he goes: “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 20TEN!”