For questions about Life Book contact Tam or Gracie on willowing.arts AT gmail.com
(or leave a comment below).
is a year-long mixed media art class
organised by Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts.
Tam is joined by 25 incredible art teachers who are all gearing up to share their mixed media techniques, tips and tricks with YOU! Themed around self-development and healing, you’ll be creating several loose mixed media art journal pages per month which by the end of the year you will bind into a glorious journal (a Life Book)! You will have a wonderful keepsake that you can treasure for the rest of your life!
Hello dear one! My name is Tam! Thank you for stopping by and checking out the Life Book information. Life Book is SUCH a precious project to me, I pour my be-end all into this baby. Let me tell you all about it. It’s kinda an offer you can’t refuse I’m sure! Nearly 2800 wonderful people joined us on Life Book last year (and over 5000+ people have joined it since its inception in 2012!), it’s been an incredible experience (it’s still going as we speak).
People have learned so much! They’ve created such beautiful art work and they’ve been so brave when digging deeper into some of the personal development exercises! I receive uplifting emails almost daily from participants telling me how Life Book has enriched their lives. I’m so honoured and blessed to be the host of this fantabulous course each year. I count my lucky stars every day!
In a nutshell, this is the Incredible Life Book offer:
(see below who the 2015 guest teachers are)
◙ 18 (Smaller) Bonus Activities like: extra PDF prompts & step by steps/ artist interviews/ ATC swaps/ give aways/ audio meditations/ writing prompts etc by Tam & Guest Teachers
So basically you continue to receive creative inspiration and prompts WEEKLY (without fail, every week there is something for you to enjoy) and all that for ONLY £75 GBP or approx $120 USD (the course content is valued at over $1000+ so you get a year filled with incredible lessons and inspiration for only a fraction of the retail price, is that awesome or awesome?) There is no catch here, just me and a bunch of awesome other artists wanting you to have access to a ‘library’ of inspiring & educational art lessons and personal development tools that help you enrich your life. Simple as that. :) I personally believe that practising self care through art & self enquiry creates happier people and happier people equals a better world (happy people are nice to others and spread light and goodness! and sometimes: muffins!!!). :-)
I’m so excited about all the fantastic contributions this year! We have a range of truly incredible artists contributing their wisdom, light, beauty and artistic talent to the course, people like Alisa Burke, Jessica Swift, Flora Bowley and Donna Downey are only a handful of the amazing teachers contributing to Life Book 2015! (Scroll down to read about the entire teacher line up for LB2015!!)
Isn’t this just awesome? Of course, I am totally biased, but if I came across an offer like this myself: I would jump at the chance! Not only because you can download all the videos which means that even if you fall behind or if you can’t participate for a while, you can revisit the lessons at your own time in the future should you want to. :)
Exciting right? :-) Of course, I am totally biased, but if I came across an offer like this myself: I would jump at the chance! Not only because you can download all the videos which means that even if you fall behind or if you can’t participate for a while, you can revisit the lessons at your own time in the future should you want to. :)
I get daily letters from Life Book participants letting me know Life Book has enriched their lives. I feel so blessed and lucky to be able to provide a program that truly helps people feel better about themselves!
Praise for Life Book by current (gorgeous) Participants
✻ Maryann Covington, Kent, UK says: “An amazing opportunity to learn loads of techniques from loads of different teachers within a really supportive lovely community, for an incredible price.”
✻ Kim McKinstry, Lumberton, Tx USA says: “An excellent opportunity to learn from a large variety of teachers, explore and connect with thousands of artist online, and the best thing I have found, so far, to give me the confidence I need to move forward with my own ideas.”
✻ Nicole Jones, Tennessee, USA: “Life Book is an incredible mixed media art course taught by an eclectic group of talented artists. You get to spend the year playing with all sorts of materials, working in different styles and learning new techniques. The Life Book community, teachers and students alike, is filled with warm, welcoming and supportive people who are always there to offer encouragement and guidance. It has been such a fun and rewarding experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I am a better artist and a happier person for having been part of Life Book!”
✻ Jill Holmes, Brunswick, GA USA says: “One of the best, year-long art motivations that one can purchase on the internet. The variety of techniques and teachings are amazing and it is a very good value for the money involved to participate.”
✻ Nia Bennison Maple Ridge, BC USA says: “Life changing!”
✻ Sharon from Bristol UK says: “It is the best e-course I have ever taken (and I’ve taken a lot)…you sure can’t beat it anywhere!”
✻ Rosa from USA, Oroville, CA says: “Lifebook is a weekly commitment to art journaling. There are so many wonderful and varied teachers from around the world. You can work at your on pace and on your own schedule. The Lifebook community is so supportive and encouraging of each other’s work. There is so much that can be learned technically and spiritually. You can participate as much or as little as you wish. But the more you put into Lifebook, the more you will get out of it. It’s absolutely the best online class I have ever taken!”
✻ Marsha Mees, California, CA. USA says: “Unbelievable! An art lesson every week, 52 weeks of creativity! Lifebook feeds my creative soul. Meeting new people, new artists, making new friends, creating art, what more could you ask for. All this for such a great price!!! Who doesn’t want to create in their Jammie’s”
How does Life Book work?
You can then watch the lessons at your own time at home, do your work and share your work in the groups (should you want to – it’s not necessary to share your work if you do not want to). You can create your paintings on single pages which by the end of the year will be bound into a book, a Life Book :) Sounds exciting no? :)
How are the lessons structured?
You will become part of a thriving, buzzing, creative community with opportunities to make new connections, learn many new mixed media styles and techniques and make new arty friends!
You will be able to:
- Download all class materials to your machine, keep them forever
- Learn many new mixed media techniques and styles
- Grow and develop both personally and artistically
- Receive extra inspiration, like PDF worksheets, art journal prompts, free uplifting affirmation jpegs (for you to print and hang up), give aways, artist interviews etc!
- Connect with like-minded creative people
- Make new artistic connections
- Become part of a buzzing/ thriving art community for a whole year!
Life Book 2015 Yearly Class Schedule
Download the yearly class schedule by clicking on the image or link below. Please note that we will all work towards sticking to the schedule though please allow for some wriggle room in that sometimes unexpected things happen in life and some classes might be changed last minute (this doesn’t happen much at all, but please assume this can happen).
Basic Supply List
Who can sign up to Life Book? I haven’t ever done any art, can I join too?
Darling, OF COURSE YOU CAN! Life Book is for EVERYONE! :) Sure, the course will be easier if you’ve done some art already, but don’t deprive yourself of learning the awesome magic making and healing power of art just because you haven’t done it before! The course is suitable for beginners/ intermediates and masters alike! Everyone will get something different out of the course. The course is run in an open, supportive, inclusive and encouraging environment where you can play, experiment, make a ‘fool’ of yourself and start all over again! There will be no judgement, we will only love you and encourage you! :) All lessons are conducted in such a way that you can follow the tutors step by step, so you can do what they do, and if that bores you, then you can go totally off the rails and do your own thing inspired by their lesson! Sounds good? :) You are loved and welcome here, no matter what skill level, for serious! :D xoxoox
Things to consider before joining:
Life Book is all about “inclusivity” and welcomes every person no matter gender, ethnicity, religious background or age. That said, the course might not be suitable for you if:
- You are under the age of 18 – it is recommended that children and teenagers do the course with a parent or custodian mainly because of the personal development element of the course. (Many parents have done the course with their teenage or younger children, if you have questions about this pls email us on willowing.arts AT gmail.com).
- If you are bothered by references that are more ‘new age/ “woo woo”‘ in nature. We may refer to concepts such ‘the inner goddess’, ‘the muse’, “Intuition”, “Shamanism”, “Mandalas”, “Crystals”, “Yoga”, “Sacred Ritual”, “Being Here Now” etc.
- If you strongly do not enjoy or if you do not want to be exposed to personal development/ healing concepts (though these sections can be skipped)
- If you are hoping that each lesson will present a completely new technique and that no technique is ever repeated. Each lesson is fresh and newly created by each teacher, BUT we all work in the same field, so we will likely overlap with some techniques here and there. That doesn’t mean you don’t learn anything new because we all do something different with each technique, each teacher has their own unique style and creates amazing work, just be aware that some techniques may overlap or that some styles are similar.
- If you hope that Life Book can be the sole treatment for an existing mental health issue (Life Book can be used in support of a therapy treatment, but should not be used as the only treatment for a mental health issue.)
- If you don’t like drawing faces/ portraits. Though all lessons are different and many lessons will not include drawing/ painting a face, expect approx 30-40% of the lessons to include a face of some sorts (either attached to a little whimsical body or as an actual portrait by itself). The rest of the lessons can include: abstract shapes, natural shapes (flowers/ trees etc), animals, landscapes including houses etc.
What do I need and need to know in order to join Life Book 2015?
- You will need a highspeed internet connection to be able to download and the videos. If you have a slower connection you can stream the videos online and/ or learn through the PDFs, but the best option is to have a highspeed internet connection.
- It will be helpful to have a basic understanding of IT, like reading emails, navigating sites like Facebook and flickr etc. If you’re having trouble with some IT related stuff some help can be given, but in depth IT guidance cannot be given.
- If you are planning on downloading and keeping the videos you will need to make sure you have “a few” gigabites available. Each video can be between 200 – 900 MB in size. Multiply that by at least 32 lessons and you can see you’ll need quite a bit of space! I recommend you get an additional external hard drive on to which you can download all the lessons. Unfortunately I am unable to offer the entire class on DVD/ CD (it would be at least 20 DVDs).
- Be aware that you will have access to the Life Book content until the end of January 2016, so make sure you download what you want throughout the year, DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE, because the content will really disappear after Jan 31st 2016.
- With regards to the personal development exercises: please understand that none of the art teachers on the course are qualified psychotherapists or psychologists. Therefore if you are prone to depression or if you think you might be triggered through one of the healing exercises it’s important that you only embark upon the healing exercises knowing that you have an adequate support system around in the form of friends, family and/or a therapist to help you deal with painful stuff should this happen. Though there will be an ’emotional support thread’ on the course available, the teachers and I are not able to provide you with in depth emotional support (as much as we would want to!)
- This course should not be considered a substitute or a replacement for face-to-face therapy. It is designed to help and encourage the participant to love and accept themselves more fully through personal development exercises and connecting with their inner creative nature. Participants who suffer from any kind of mental health issues are advised to seek the help from mental health professionals. Life Book can be used as a supplement to any therapy treatment, but should not be used as a main form of treatment for any mental health issues.
- The course is not based on any specific religious faith but may refer to and base lessons on and around ‘non-dual’ teachings. The course is inclusive of every human being regardless of their chosen faith (or non-faith). The theme focus of the course is ‘self-development/ self-love/ self-healing’. We may refer to concepts such as: “The Goddess in You”, “Intuition”, “Shamanism”, “Mandalas”, “Crystals”, “Yoga”, “Sacred Ritual”, “Being Here Now” etc.
Who are the awesome artists contributing to Life Book?
Hold on to your seats, guys, we have yet another fantastic line-up!! :D
I am so privileged and honoured, excited and joyful to have the following amazing artists contribute their skill, time, knowledge and energy to Life Book 2015.
Download this PDF to read about this awesome group of teachers!
Kristin van Valkenburgh – http://www.
Lynzee Lynx – http://lynzeelynx.com
Mati Rose McDonough – http://www.matirose.com
Patti Ballard – http://www.pbsartstudio.com
Rachael Rice – http://rachaelrice.com
Roben Marie Smith – www.robenmarie.com
Violette Clark – www.violette.ca
Lynn Whipple – www.lynnwhipple.com
Donna Downey – www.donnadowney.com
“An amazing course that spans a whole year, and has lessons from some amazing artists that have really inspired me to try new techniques.” – Monique Green, Surrey (UK)
“It’s a fantastic self-paced course with world wide, well known instructors teaching methods in a way that anyone can create great works of art. The course also helps to expand the mind opening the door to creative thoughts that have been dormant in some and locked in others. With visual instruction along with readable content and available help 24/7 makes it THE online art course to enroll in! “ – Connie Foster Bissell – Marshfield, MO USA
“Life Book is a wonderful, Year Long, Art course. With new lessons by different teachers each week. It’s fun, and challenging, and it’s full of amazing techniques, I’m learning about new to me mediums, which is great! And there’s a personal development aspect too, which I love. There is so much to it and it’s very reasonably priced …. it’s exciting and wonderful! And at the end of the year all these pieces of art you created will be bound into an amazing book. You get lots of support and encouragement… and help when you need it. And you work at your own pace. “WOW” ….I really LOVE Life Book! ;) “
– Phoebe Thibault-Sherrard, in Kitchener, Ontario
“I am taking this amazing year long art class. It has so much information to learn and is so incredible. I can’t recommend it enough!” – Stacie Spencer,New Market, Maryland USA
“There’s this GREAT class called Lifebook, available on-line! The cost is affordable…and it is so nice to have something to look forward to each week. You can work at your own pace, you can download information if you choose. The teachers are varied in style & lessons vary in content so there really is something for everyone. I’ve LOVED being part of this experience!” – Patricia Bleecher, MA., USA***