Dear Creative Friend,
Sending you a hug and love while we are collectively going through these very strange times. I hope you are managing to stay grounded and calm, perhaps with your art supplies and some music. I had an insight the other day after another 2 hours of crying and panicking. A voice in my head suddenly said: “focus on the things you can control, not on the things you can’t control”. I’m the type of person who can spin out in my head big time, anxious, worrying about the future etc etc, but suddenly I realised: I should give all my love and attention to whatever I’m doing in the moment. The now, the moment now, it’s all we have, it’s all that exists, so focus there. It helped me calm down. I talked about it here, hope it helps you too!
Now more than ever do I want you to know you are loved, relevant, needed, important. You matter, you are the light of innocence, the breath of the universe, your soul is mighty.
These times are scary and strange, but we will get through them together. You are not alone, we are all in this. Your feelings are valid. We are experiencing a collective trauma, so these are the times now that looking after ourselves and actively engaging in self care is imperative: look after you. Take breaks, take baths, make art, be creative, meditate if you can, eat well, sleep well, breathe, breathe more, slow down. Stay as present and grounded in the moment as you can. Here are 3 free resources for self care, self love and self empathy.
In support of those who are self-isolating/ stressed/ anxious etc.
In case you missed it: I have sent out a couple of videos/ resources on social media to support everyone with what is going on in the world, here is the list again:
- Make a Quirky Bird with me!
- Join the site here for a free 4 week art & healing course.
- The Warrior Portrait.
- Click here to find a free ‘grounding meditation’ to help you relax and let go a bit.
- The Light of the Art Angel class is free – use ARTANGEL2020 to get 100% off.
- Tam Talk Insight 1.
- Tam Talk Insight 2.
- Live weaving session Part 1
- Live weaving session Part 2
- Finish a Journal Episode 1.
- Finish a Journal Episode 2
- Finish a Journal Episode 3
- If you are newly homeschooling and need support with this, check out this post with lots of homeschool resources.
- On Instagram I share my most recent art pieces and I also like to share uplifting news/ puppy pictures and happy things in my stories. Pls follow me there.
- I will do my best to keep sharing valuable resources/ insights on my social media channels, if you don’t follow me yet, I’m here: IG/ FB/ Youtube/ Willowing FB Group.
- Virtual Choir – I sang Let It Be with my Virtual Choir which seems to have been soothing for a lot of people.