Come and learn to make a beautiful intricate art doll angel out of creative paper clay! :)
I am so excited to be sharing this workshop with you! I love love LOVE making art dolls. This workshop was first published as part of 12 Artsy Ornaments in 2013 but is now available as a self study standalone class – yay!
I hope I can entice you too to create a beautiful art doll with me today!
This is the self study version of the Art Doll Angel mini class (no DVD) – you will get access to the class content on this site once you’ve purchased the course. Access to the group is unlimited. Learn to make a beautiful intricate art doll angel out of creative paper clay. Doll and materials are not included.
Love Tam x
- A jar or bottle for the frame of the body
- Something to weigh down the bottle or jar (I used sand, you can use pebbles or anything else that can weigh down your doll’s body)
- Creative Paper Clay (I used a pack of 8Oz (227 g) + a little more for the entire doll – if you are going for a similar size, that is a good amount approx.
- A styrofoam ball (for the head) (or: paper and masking tape to create a makeshift ball for the head)
- Mohair or wool for the hair
- For painting the face/ neck: Skin tone watercolour crayon and/or skin tone acrylics – other tools used for small detail painting: markers/ watercolour crayons/ acrylics/graphite/ white gesso or white acrylics
- Your choice of collage papers for the body (I used book pages and music scores but you can use whatever you want)
- White Gesso/ White Spray Inks (optional)
- Paint for the body: gold iridescent paint (optional)
- Liquitex heavy gel medium (doesn’t have to be liquitex, but a heavy gel is preferred)