She’s finally here guys! :D So many of you saw the work in progress photo steps of this girlie on my instagram and instantly asked me: ‘will she be available as a lesson?‘ and at first she wasn’t and then all of a sudden: SHE WAS! NOW SHE IS! :) Yayyyy!
Come learn how to make this adorable ‘Book Worm Girl’ and get in touch with your Inner Book Worm! :) She is sassy AND bookish and she has so much spunk this girl! :) I totally absolooooodely LOVE her and her bookish ways!
What you’ll learn:
- I show you step by step how I made this painting, no skipping of any parts (approx 1 hr 45 mins worth of video)
- Supported by an in depth 20 page PDF
- You’ll learn a new type of face angle: her face is tilted down, she is reading a book, this is a different type of face than the usual front-facing portrait, so you’re learning a differently angled face, that is angling downward, interesting!
- The book pile is done with ‘perspective’. I go over how to achieve depth on the pile of books.
- We shade the face with beautiful little details to make her face radiant and ‘glowy’.
- We go over how to make a beautifully messy mixed media background with lots of different layering techniques.
- There is no time limit on class access
- All Videos are downloadable and for you to keep forever!
This class is suitable for beginners and affordable at only £17.50 GBP (Bargainnnn!) – I hope you’ll sign up moonbeam, it’s good fun this one! :D
(NB: use replacements/ substitutes if you don’t have everything on the list, you don’t need every type of supply on the list to make this painting.)
- 10 x 14 inch watercolour paper hot pressed 140lbs/300gsm
- Graphite pencil – I use a “Graphgear 1000 mechanical pencil by Pentel” with a 2B lead
- Caran D’Ache watercolour crayons, the colours used are: salmon pink, salmon, pink, light yellow/orangish yellow, reddish orange, ochre, brown, chestnut brown, light pink.
- Acrylic paints, the colours used are: ‘portrait pink’ (daler-rowney), orange& purple (for background splatters)
- White gesso
- Aquamarkers in red, ‘citrus’ green, & purple for the glasses
- Derwent watercolour pencil – red
- Posca pens in: white, purple and black
- Black pitt pen
- Collage papers – book pages and music pages
- Heavy gel medium or matt medium
- Golden fluid acrylics: ‘nickel azo yellow’ & ‘green gold’
- Rubber Stamps: script stamp
- Waterproof ink pad, brand: Stazon
- Charcoal pencil
- Old credit card for scraping
- All class content is downloadable
- Type of course: self study – short course
- Video + PDF content
- Life Long Access