Join this popular self study class first released in 2014. It’s one of my most popular classes enjoyed by 1000nds of wonderful creative people!
Come learn how to make this adorable ‘Book Worm Girl’ and get in touch with your Inner Book Worm! :) She is sassy AND bookish and she has so much spunk this girl! :) I totally absolooooodely LOVE her and her bookish ways!
What you’ll learn:
- I show you step by step how I made this painting, no skipping of any parts (approx 1 hr 45 mins of video)
- Supported by an in depth 20 page PDF
- You’ll learn a new type of face angle: her face is tilted down, she is reading a book, this is a different type of face than the usual front-facing portrait, so you’re learning a differently angled face, that is angling downward, interesting!
- The book pile is done with ‘perspective’. I go over how to achieve depth on the pile of books.
- We shade the face with beautiful little details to make her face radiant and ‘glowy’.
- We go over how to make a beautifully messy mixed media background with lots of different layering techniques.
- There is no time limit on class access
- All Videos are downloadable and for you to keep forever!
This class is suitable for beginners and super affordable! I hope you’ll sign up and create this lovely painting on a relaxed afternoon.
(NB: use replacements/ substitutes if you don’t have everything on the list, you don’t need every type of supply on the list to make this painting.)
- 10 x 14 inch watercolour paper hot pressed 140lbs/300gsm
- Graphite pencil – I use a “Graphgear 1000 mechanical pencil by Pentel” with a 2B lead
- Caran D’Ache watercolour crayons, the colours used are: salmon pink, salmon, pink, light yellow/orangish yellow, reddish orange, ochre, brown, chestnut brown, light pink.
- Acrylic paints, the colours used are: ‘portrait pink’ (daler-rowney), orange& purple (for background splatters)
- White gesso
- Aquamarkers in red, ‘citrus’ green, & purple for the glasses
- Derwent watercolour pencil – red
- Posca pens in: white, purple and black
- Black pitt pen
- Collage papers – book pages and music pages
- Heavy gel medium or matt medium
- Golden fluid acrylics: ‘nickel azo yellow’ & ‘green gold’
- Rubber Stamps: script stamp
- Waterproof ink pad, brand: Stazon
- Charcoal pencil
- Old credit card for scraping
- All class content is downloadable
- Type of course: self study – short course
- Video + PDF content
- Life Long Access
There are no reviews yet.