My newest and most anticipated class:
is now available to join! Yay! :)
This Class is now in ‘self study mode’
and can be joined any time! :)
Watch the She Blooms Video :)
Become inspired and creatively enriched
on this new 7 week course in which I will show you how I create my signature ‘Flower Ink Girls’ that many people have so come to love! We will work with a variety of (mostly) inks, ink based supplies and other fluidy inky type supplies like Golden High Flow, Acrylics Inks, Watercolour Crayons and Spray Inks.
All lessons are demonstrated in an art journal. For each lesson I work on a double page spread and encourage students to allow their journals to be safe place for creative play and expression of feelings and experiences that are present in the body/ heart/ soul and mind in the moment of creation.
We will explore a variety of portrait styles, colour palettes, flower shapes and other symbols & doodles.
I am really excited about this course as it’s been a while since I ran a several weeks long, live solo course!! My last one was in 2010/ 2011! So excitement is huge in my little art studio down here in the South of England! :) Won’t you join me? I hope you will!
While we focus on portraits & inks on this course, on most of my courses I love incorporating an element of personal growth, expression and healing if and where possible! :) The creative process lends itself so well to supporting any personal development or healing journey you might already be undertaking.
Creativity can be meditative, calming, cathartic, therapeutic and healing. So, while we’re working in the journal I will also gently encourage you to get connected to any feelings, needs, thoughts or other sensations you might be experiencing. We may incorporate quotes, lyrics, poetry or other ‘word expressions’ in our journal spreads.
Ready to sign up?
We have started but you can join now!
Week 1 – Front Facing Flower Girl + Bonus (time lapse Front Facing Flower Girl)
Week 2 – 3/4 Portrait Flower Girl + Bonus (time lapse 3/4 Flower Girl)
Week 3 – Profile Portrait Flower Girl
Week 4 – Limited Palette Front Facing Flower Girl
Week 5 – Darker Skin Tone Flower Girl
Week 6 – High Contrast 3/4 Portrait Flower Girl
Week 7 – Turned Up Face Flower Girl + Bonus (time lapse Cat Girl)
Art Supplies Needed
We will mostly be working with a variety of ink based products, however, we’ll also use some acrylics and other non-ink based supplies. Below I list what I’ve used and what I explore on the course with you, you do not, though have to buy all the different types of supplies, you can substitute and replace some supplies with what you already have at home.
The Basic Necessities:
- Watercolour paper 14o lbs (I use hotpressed, but you can use cold pressed) – go for good quality, size 9 x 12, 12 x 16 or work in a journal on double spread (that’s what I am doing)
- Graphite pencil for drawing + eraser
- Some kind of inks in either marker, liquid or spray form. Either: tombows OR dylusions OR ecoline inks/ markers OR JD mermaid markers OR letraset aquamarkers (these are all watersoluble, I’m not working with alcohol based inks) – I use tombows the most due their vibrant colours. If you’re on a budget and want to buy only a few tombows I would buy 1 or 2 pink/ magentas/ 1 or 2 blues/ 1 or 2 oranges/ 1 or 2 purple or indigo like colours
- Helpful is: some watercolour crayons or watercolours in salmon and colours for shading like: oranges/ purples/ indigos, browns and pinks, we’ll also do a darker skin tone girl, I use ochre, burnt sienna, oranges, blues and purples for this type of skin tone.
- Posca pens (or other paint markers like liquitex or sharpie or even ink based markers like micron)
Demonstrated on the course (not all needed):
I will show you and demonstrate how I use at one point or another any of the following materials, but you do NOT need to get all these different supplies, I’m just showing them to you for interest and learning! :) You can still make beautiful portraits without all the different brands!
- I demonstrate all lessons in art journal that has 140lbs watercolour paper in it. You don’t have to work in a journal, it’s fine to work on single sheets if you prefer.Tombow Markers (possible substitute: letraset markers)
- Ecoline Inks
- Dylusions Ink Sprays
- Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers (optional – can also use Pentel Colour Brush Pens)
- Ecoline Markers
- Acrylic Inks (Daler Rowney)
- Some Golden High Flow
- India Ink with Ink Pen
- Neocolor II Crayons
- Some acrylics (optional) to firm up skin tones
- Graphite Pencil for drawing
- Posca pens in white and black
What You Will Need To Join the Course
► You will need a highspeed internet connection to be able to download and watch the videos.
► You will need to have a basic understanding of IT, like reading emails and navigating sites like Facebook & willowing.org .
► If you are planning to download the videos you will need to make sure you have some storage available. Assume that you may approximately 15GBs available for this course.
► Art Supplies as mentioned above.
► Approx 3-5 hours per week for ‘yay arty time’ if you want to do the lessons weekly (but this is optional, you do not need to do the lessons weekly).
Here are some of the images we will create in this class.
- All class content is downloadable
- Type of course: live between Dec 1st 2017 and 12th January 2018 (then reverts to self study)
- 7 in depth lessons + 3 bonus lessons
- Supported by in depth PDFs
- Work from your own home
- Life Long Access