I’m SO excited to present my newest and most anticipated class:
Registration Now Open! 🤩
Unleash your wild creative self!
On this course, we’ll be exploring the beauty of watercolours while creating stunning paintings of animals. You’ll learn how to work playfully and loosely with watercolour paints and combine them with other mediums like acrylic inks, etching tools, crayons, and markers. Together, we will create at least six beautiful animal paintings. These include the Owl Odyssey, the Handsome Hare, the Rambunctious Red Panda, the Rosy Robin, the Glorious Gorilla, and the Spirited Snow Leopard. Plus two more bonus classes, but these will be a surprise! Yay! 😜
Six weeks of wonderful watercolour wildlife painting with me, Tam! I ADORE animals! I ADORE watercolours and I ADORE combining them with interesting other mediums and making eye-catching, unusual, semi-abstracted paintings of our furry and feathered friends. ♥️
Whether you’re confident with your brushstrokes or feel the need to have someone by your side; I’ll be there to guide you every step of the way. My goal is to help you express your emotions and connect to your intuition as you put brush to canvas. Let me help you to tap into your best creative self through the power of mother nature!
I hope you’ll come join me on this beautiful exploration of the natural world and enjoy the versatility of watercolour and mixed media!
As artists, we can sometimes get up in our heads and feel restricted & limited by wanting to make ‘perfect’ paintings! Sometimes we can get too controlling about technique, composition and colour. On this course, we’ll instead, allow ourselves to be spontaneous, loose and free while painting the remarkable creatures in our natural world. It can feel really liberating to allow spontaneity into our creative process and it brings art works and paintings to life in a magical way! I hope you’ll come and join this course so I can show you how!
I can’t wait to spend 6 glorious weeks painting with you!
Early Bird Discount: Save 25%
Now is the perfect time to unleash your inner artist and explore the beauty and versatility of watercolours with our Watercolour Wildlife course! Purchase before May 1st and enjoy a special early-bird discount of 25%. You’ll also receive access to two bonus surprise classes to keep the inspiration flowing. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to discover your artistic talents and create beautiful animal paintings with us! Sign up now and save – USE CODE WILD25 at the checkout.
Watercolour Wildlife Class Schedule
Week 1. This first week we will be getting to know our supplies; I’ll do an introduction to watercolour paints and we’ll be painting a beautiful owl in flight! Owl Odyssey: This magnificent creature exudes a sense of wisdom, grace, and strength. Like the owl, we all have the ability to access our inner wisdom and intuition and to embark on our own unique journey of self-discovery and growth.
Week 2. This week we’ll be painting a beautiful hare surrounded by some wispy natural elements. We’ll deepen our understanding of watercolours and playfully put our painting together. The Handsome Hare: A charming and charismatic creature with a spring in its step and a sparkle in its eye. Let’s hop along with the handsome hare and enjoy the beauty and wonder of life, one creative mark at a time.
Week 3. I adore Red Pandas, these creatures are beautiful, funny and so cute! This week we’ll paint a red panda surrounded by its natural habitat and we’ll continue to incorporate acrylic inks this week too. The Rambunctious Red Panda: This playful little creature is full of energy and personality. With its curious gaze, I hope that this red panda inspires you to tap into your own sense of playfulness and curiosity.
Week 4. This week we will spend some time together creating a beautiful painting of a robin. We will look at adding an interesting abstract watercolour background and we’ll learn how to make sure that the focal point does not get crowded by the background. This is one of my most favourite paintings I’ve ever painted! The Rosy Robin: A beautiful bird with delicate features. I aimed to capture its spirit of innocence and wonder, and to showcase the delicate and powerful grace of nature through brushstrokes and colour choices.
Week 5. This creature is just majestic! Painting this gorilla was a thrill for sure. I loved adding abstract shapes, expressive brush strokes, playful marks and splatters to this painting to give it that extra ‘pizazz’. The Glorious Gorilla: Guess who’s coming to class soon? A truly Glorious Gorilla, that’s who! An awe-inspiring animal that embodies strength, power, and intelligence with their piercing gaze and impressive presence. In this class, we’ll explore the beauty and complexity of these incredible creatures through the vibrant medium of watercolour and mixed media.
Week 6. This course will culminate with a beautiful expressive painting of the stunning snow leopard! We’ll bring all the techniques we’ve learned together in this final painting and finish the course with a beautiful and colourful BANG. The Spirited Snow Leopard: This beautiful agile creature is both graceful and elusive. A true marvel of nature, a thing of grace and wonder. I wanted to honour it with tender yet expressive brushstrokes, beautiful marks and interesting line work. – Painting to be posted soon!!
+ Surprise Classes 1 & 2: Soon to be revealed – we’ll be doing two bonus classes on top of the six listed above! The first surprise bonus class has just been revealed! We’ll also be creating the Astounding Sea Turtle!! 😍😍😍
Aaaand, the second bonus class will be these super BADORABLE CUTE CORGI! 😍😍😍
Art Supplies You’ll Need
- 6-10 Sheets of hotpressed watercolour paper – 140lbs (I use Saunders and Waterford, but any good brand will do, other good brands are: Fabriano, Daler-Rowney, Canson). If you want to work on cold pressed that is fine too, but I my personal preference is hotpressed watercolour paper.
- Watercolour paints. I use the brand Schmincke and Daniel Smith. These brands are pricey though, you can start with a student grade brand if you don’t want to invest in an expensive set. Other good brand examples are: Jane Davenport, Arteza, Winsor Newton.
- Watercolour paint brushes. I use a mix of brands; Princeton (pricey), Fuumuui (cheaper but lesser quality) and Daler Rowney Aquafine (medium pricing).
- Acrylic Inks by Liquitex and/or Daler-Rowney I also used a few Golden High Flow, but these are optional.
- A graphite pencil for drawing and an eraser.
- An etching tool like an old knitting needle or a bamboo skewer.
- Black and White acrylic pens by Posca, Sharpie or Artistro.
- Optional: watercolour crayons Caran D’ache Neocolor II.
Terms & Policies
- Monthly payment plans and plans for other packages are available! Please email us on [email protected] to discuss bespoke payment plans
- All other currency listings are approximate and depend entirely on the daily exchange rate, final sales are in GBP. Check www.xe.com for currency conversions.
- Refund Policy: Before the start of the course you can request a refund for the course fee minus a small admin fee. No refund can be given after the course has started.
- Other payment forms: You can pay through paypal or STRIPE (credit card) on this site, if neither of these two options suit you, we can also offer an international bank transfer. If you need to pay through this option, please email us on [email protected] Please note: you can pay through paypal with a credit card even if you don’t have a paypal account
- When you buy any of Willowing Arts LTD products you agree to their Terms & Conditions which can be read here.
- Please note: if you are based in Europe, VAT MOSS local tax will be included in the final price.
What You’ll Need to Join the Course
- You will need a high speed internet connection to be able to download and watch the videos.
- You will need to have a basic understanding of IT, like reading emails and navigating sites like Facebook & willowing.org.
- Optionally a Facebook account if you want to connect with the community and share your artwork (this is optional though).
- If you are planning to download the videos you will need to need approximately 15GB storage available depending on which version you choose to download.
- Art Supplies as mentioned above.
- Approx 3-5 hours per week for ‘yay arty time’ if you want to do the lessons weekly (but this is optional, you do not need to do the lessons weekly).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer payment plans? Yes we do! Pls email us on [email protected] so my team can get you set up/ help you. ❤️ pls allow 24 hrs or so for us to reply. We are based in the UK – GMT time. Thanks for your patience and understanding! xxxx 🌈🌟🌈
- Who do I contact for technical support or queries? My wonderful team member Maddie on [email protected]
- Are sessions live or pre-recorded? All lessons are pre-recorded and can be watched in your own time.
- How long is access to the course for? You have lifelong access for as long as Willowing Arts is in business.
- Can I download all the videos? Yes, instructions on how to download will be listed on the class thread.
I can’t wait to spend 6 glorious weeks painting with you!
Join us now by clicking ‘add to basket’! Don’t forget to add the discount code WILD25 to your cart for 25% off!
See you there! ♥️♥️♥️
- Watercolour Wildlife art classes with Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts!
- All class content is downloadable
- Type of course: live during May and June 2023 then reverts to a self study course
- Video + PDF content
- Life Long Access
- Private Facebook Group
There are no reviews yet.